How Long Do the Effects of Viagra Last?

November 11, 2019

If you’ve been considering to start taking Viagra, there are a few things you need to know, including:

  • How long does the blue pill remain in your body?
  • How long do its effects last?
  • Can certain foods change how Viagra affects your body?

How Long Do the Effects of Viagra Last?

How Long Does the Blue Pill Stay in Your Body?

This depends on a number of individual factors, but in general, Viagra remains in your body for 5-6 hours. Of course, the higher the dosage, the longer it takes to leave your system. For instance, a 100-mg dose might take up to twelve hours to leave your system. The drug typically starts working within 30-60 minutes after you take it.

However, there can be slight changes depending on the food you ate prior to taking the pill. Here’s what you need to know about food and Viagra:

Which Foods Should You Avoid When Using Viagra?

Grapefruit negatively affects enzymes in the stomach and alters the way the drug works. To be more precise, grapefruit causes your body to absorb more Viagra but it also causes it to take more time to process the drug. 

Pomegranate has a similar effect on stomach enzymes. Studies have shown that  consuming pomegranate juice when taking Viagra can result in painful and persistent erection (priapism).

Consuming high-fat foods like steaks and French fries before taking Viagra can delay the pill’s effect or prevent its absorption, causing erections to happen at an unpredicted time.

Can You Take Viagra When Hungry?

Yes. In fact, taking Viagra on an empty stomach is the best option. As the drug needs about half an hour to start working, it won’t disrupt your eating habits too much.

How Long Will Your Erection Last with Viagra?

There are no studies that tell us if the blue pill will help your erection to last longer, but it can increase your chances of multiple erections with only one dose. Viagra may reduce the recovery phase after orgasm, known as "refractory period," by about eleven minutes.

Do the Effects of Viagra Decrease Over Time?

When you’re taking a certain medication for a longer period of time, your body gets used to it and the drug becomes less effective, i.e. you develop a tolerance. It’s hard to say if this happens with Viagra. The effects may lessen because the condition that caused the need for Viagra in the first place may have gotten worse.

Even though there are some examples of Viagra tolerance, most men don’t seem to develop tolerance to the drug. In a study that lasted for 4 years, it was determined that only 6% of the subjects stopped responding to Viagra over time. There is a possibility that these subjects stopped responding to the drug simply because they were 4 years older. In the remaining 94%, Viagra remained fully effective.

If you’re considering taking Viagra, you can get Viagra Connect as an over-the-counter drug. You should also take look at another effective ED drug, Cialis.

 

Explore related products
  1. Fildena 100
    Fildena 100
    • New age solution for ED
    • Guaranteed happiness and
      100% satisfaction
    • Safe for quick and effective results
    • Genuine medication
    • Reputable brand
    From $29.00
  2. Kamagra Gold
    Kamagra Gold
    • New and improved formula
    • No more “weakness” in bed
    • Popular viagra alternative
    • Genuine medication
    • Reputable brand
    From $8.00
Contact Us